Today’s blog is focused on the wonderful ‘wedge’ body shape. Often referred to as the ‘inverted triangle’, this shape has broad shoulders/chest, and a narrow waist and hips.
At CouCou Belle we like to think of this shape as a stunning strawberry. If you have a wedge body shape your best asset is your legs, so opt for something shorter that shows off your fabulous legs eleven, but be sure to wear sleeves on top to give you some balance so you’re not revealing too much at any one time.
Other fashion hints & tips for you lovely wedge-shaped ladies include:
- Wear bright colours on bottom – this draws the eye down to the narrowest part of your wedge body shape.
- Wear wide-leg pants – this balances you out.
- Avoid spaghetti-strap and boat neckline tops as these draw attention to broad shoulders.
- Wear high-waisted styles to help create a waist.
- Wear clothes that create the illusion of a waist – wide belts work well around the waist.CouCou Belle believe we should all “love the body we live in” and understanding what styles suit each shape is key to this.CouCou Belle x
- Keep following us for more hints & tips, and look out for our lovely #limitededition items to give your winter wardrobe a stylish lift….
- If you have a wedge or inverted triangle body shape, you are in excellent company. Other well known ‘stunning strawberries’ with wedge shapes include: Renee Zellweger; Teri Hatcher; Demi Moore; Naomi Campbell; Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Garner.
CouCou Belle believe we should all “love the body we live in” and understanding what styles suit each shape is key to this.
Keep following us for more hints & tips, and look out for our lovely #handselected items to give your winter wardrobe a stylish lift….
CouCou Belle x